Holistic massage focuses on your entire wellbeing. It caters to the physical body, while recognising the impact of the mental, emotional and spiritual states. Trina Bailey has a unique ability to communicate with your whole being and respond to your specific needs, tailoring a treatment especially for you. No two sessions are ever the same!
Trina offers healing sessions of between one and two hours through a range of modalities.
- Oncology Massage involves very gentle, potent work that supports the body’s own healing mechanisms. This technique is particularly comforting and nurturing for people with cancer and/or undergoing cancer treatment, a history of cancer, or in a fragile state of health.
- Remedial Massage uses several specialised techniques to locate and repair damage and to support and speed up the body’s own repair mechanisms. The massage is applied directly to the skin using oil, which ensures that the muscles associated with the disorder and mobilisation of the joint are deeply penetrated.
- Counselling is a process that enables a person to sort out issues and reach decisions affecting their life. Often counselling is sought out at times of change or crisis, however it can be useful at any time of our life to very positive affect, particularly when combined with other healing techniques.
- Craniosacral Therapy helps to turn on your own healing power and creates optimum health. It does not involve any spinal manipulations or adjustments, but focuses on the use of light-touch therapies to align the structural integrity of the body that is the root cause of many structural and spinal imbalances.
- Myofascial Release Therapy uses hands-on manipulation of the entire body to promote healing, release and pain relief. The therapy is based on the idea that poor posture, physical injury, illness and emotional stress can throw the body out of alignment and cause its intricate web of fascia to become tight and constricted.
- Lymphatic Drainage is a gentle, whole body treatment that relaxes the nervous system and aids the body’s immune system. It is highly recommended for those prone to, and recovering from sore throats, colds, infections, on-going tiredness, excess fluids, low immunity, swollen nodes and also for the physically inactive.
- Swedish Massage is a system of massage which aims to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased circulation, stretching of ligaments and tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system. It reduces stress, both physical and emotional, and is recommended as part of a regular program of stress management.
- Deep Tissue Massage as its name suggests focuses on the deeper layer of muscle tissue. It is designed to reach the deep sections of thick muscles, specifically the individual muscle fibres. It helps to loosen muscle tissues, release toxins from muscles and get blood and oxygen circulating properly. It is both corrective and therapeutic and is beneficial for many physical problems, including sports injuries and chronic pain.
- Pregnancy Massage uses a combination of Swedish and Remedial Massage techniques to assist with the tensions and pains experienced during pregnancy. Massage reduces peripheral swelling, soothes the nervous system, helps to prevent insomnia, muscle cramps and back pain. In addition to these physical benefits, pregnancy massage is nurturing and emotionally supportive.
- Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of aromatic plant oils, including essential oils made from plants and flowers. The different smells (aromas) and the chemical constituents of the oils can produce different emotional and physiological reactions and can be used to alleviate symptoms of headaches, insomnia, stress and digestive problems.
- Reflexology is based on the principle that congestion or tension in any part of the foot mirrors congestion or tension in a corresponding part of the body. It is a healing process that can be safely used when it is not convenient to treat other body parts.
- Energy Healing promotes healing by enhancing energy flow and correcting disturbances in the ‘human energy field’ or ‘aura’ which permeates and surrounds the body. Improving the flow of energy in the energy field supports the self-healing capacity of the body.
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by ‘laying on hands’ and is based on the idea that an unseen ‘life force energy’ flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being healthy and happy.
Health Fund Rebates
Rebates are available for Trina’s remedial massage services through a range of Health Funds. HICAPS facilities are also available.
In my job I’ve always had issues with my neck and back – prone to pain and stiffness. After a particularly bad week a friend recommended Trina. After only a couple of visits, my neck and I haven’t looked back. I now go regularly and Trina keeps me stretched, supple and pain free. I can’t recommend her highly enough.
Lynne Rainey, Anaesthetist